Friday, 4 January 2008

Technical Notes

I've changed/updated a couple of things on Question That since the last 'Technical Notes' post. So to keep you informed and me right, here they are:

1. Commenting
OpenID commenting is now enabled on this blog. This means you can sign into Blogger and post a comment using your username and password from any of a number of sites including Livejournal, Wordpress, AOL, Technorati and Magnolia.

This means that you no longer have to have a Google/GMail account to post a comment here - thus removing any incentive I may have had to enable anonymous comments. Anonymous comments make discussions hard to read, and facilitate abuse and spam.


2. Footnotes
I'm in two minds as to whether I should continue using the 'academic-style' posting using superscript numbered footnotes to link to referenced articles and blogs. I began this blog using this system for all but the simplest of posts, but more recently have begun to use more conventional links, like this (Link). I returned to the original style in yesterday's post because it used a particularly high number of references. Which do you prefer?


3. Banner Text
I changed the 'banner text' (the quote that appears below the name of the blog at the top of the page) today. Previously it was "Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent and debate", a quote by ex-US vice president Hubert H Humphrey (Link). I look to change the banner quote on an approximately monthly basis.

No comments: